As an integrated part of the Adelaide Festival Centre’s on going sustainment upgrades; this project was to replace the carpet, and while doing so, there was an opportunity to add required features for the obligations within the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Concrete was screeded and topped to prepare the base for new carpet and for the new vinyl tiles.
- Over the hospitality floor areas texture sisal weave vinyl floor tile was laid.
- The sundry builders work added both tactile indicators and the illuminated LED strip lighting to the stair nosing.
- Multiple strands of wiring was concealed under cover strips prior to the new carpet being glued in place.
- The base building concrete substructure was checked for its structural integrity and metal cover strips replaced.
- Laying Axminster woven carpet on the angle across broad area runs was delicately stretched and bonded to lay for a best fit for pattern to base building.
The theatre complex was specifically closed for 14 days and with a new stage show scheduled just one day after practical completion, there was inherent pressure to get the sequencing and scheduling correct.